Attorney Fliszar has a strong background in advocacy and has extensive experience representing clients in front of federal Administrative Law Judges, state trial and appellate courts, and local Magisterial District Justices. She has also made presentations at local municipal board meetings and guest lectured at Rutgers University.
Attorney Fliszar began her law career at Rutgers University School of Law-Camden, a top 100 law school. There, she focused her time on developing trial advocacy skills.
After law school, Attorney Fliszar went onto work at the country’s largest and most successful Social Security Disability firm. During her time there, she represented approximately 200 clients in their SSD/SSI claims. She would later appear on “60 Minutes” in their piece “Disability, U.S.A.”
From there Attorney Fliszar worked as a Litigation Associate at one of the top criminal defense firms in Central PA, mentoring under one of the top DUI attorneys in the country. She took numerous cases to trial and argued in front of the Superior Court of PA.
Attorney Fliszar received advanced training in DUI defense. She developed a strong interest in representing those charged with DUI of lawfully prescribed medication and people suffering from mental health diagnoses. She has represented well over 100 clients in mental health commitment hearings.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Animal Law
- United States District Court for the Central District of PA
- B.A. Criminal Justice, Alvernia College, Magna Cum Laude
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law-Camden
- Standardized Field Sobriety Test Instructor – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Standardized Field Sobriety Test Practitioner – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Drug Recognition Expert course overview
- Forensic Chromatography – American Chemistry Society
- Sentencing Advocacy
- Advanced cross-examination techniques
- National College of DUI Defense Summer Session at Harvard University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association; Vice-Chair, Plain Language Committee; Commission on Women in the Profession; Animal Law Committee
- Lehigh County Bar Association
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
Honors and Awards
- Appeared on “60 Minutes” on CBS
- Mary Philbrook Student Public Interest Award
- Rutgers Domestic Violence Project Award for Outstanding Service
- Honors Program Graduate – Alvernia College
- Member, Feral Friends Network, Alley Cat Allies
- Volunteer, Peaceable Kingdom